Juvenile Anger Management Course Overview (TAME)
- To teach new skills that will enable students to control their anger in provocative situations and decrease both overt and covert aggression as a response to anger.
- To increase the students’ personal power by learning the skills necessary to communicate their needs and desires effectively.
Goals for students include:
- Gain effective behavioral coping skills!
- Help improve social relations!
- Help to communicate needs and desires effectively!
Tools used to implement TAME include a self-monitoring tool known as the “hassle log,” and active role play.
TAME is a 9-session curriculum. This course will be given two hours a week over 9 weeks. Session overview is as followed:
Session 1: Orientation and introduction of identification of emotions with emphasis on anger.
Session 2: Sequential analysis of behavioral incidents (activating event or trigger, behavioral response, consequences).
Session 3: Aggressive beliefs and interpretations.
Session 4: Relationship strategies and interpersonal techniques
Session 5: Self-instruction training.
Session 6: Anticipation of consequences/practice thinking ahead
Session 7: Problem solving.
Session 8: Relational aggression prevention/ build awareness of types of teasing and bulling.
Session 9: Program review.
*All sessions and groups will be free of charge.
Do you know someone that would benefit from our services? CLICK HERE to download our referral form!