Dear Sue Ellen,
I am fed up with parents that let their kids scream in public places like restaurants and stores. Would you please send them a message for me? Tell them we are tired of parent’s not dealing with their kids in public places. Thank you.
It will be my pleasure to address this issue for you. Here goes.
Dear Parents of small children,
In the future could you please control your children while in the public. Here are some suggestions to help you reach that goal.
- If your child is tired or hungry put off your trip to the store.
- If your child throws a tantrum in a public place, remove him/her from the area immediately. You may come back if you and your child get yourselves together.
- When your child cries in a public place don’t ignore them. Find out why they are crying and deal with it.
- If you are in a restaurant and your child screams, cries or runs around, please do something about it. Truth is…nobody enjoys the distraction of somebody else’s child interrupting their conversations. If you think your child can get away with it because he/she is so cute, you are wrong. People are just trying to be courteous.
- Yes, parenting is hard, but don’t take your frustrations out on your child or the people around you. Suck it up and deal with it. Neither your child, nor the public, asked to be involved in your personal drama.
I am not hating on parents with loud kids. We just think you might like to know that we don’t appreciate you or your child’s behavior. Please fix this. Thank you.
– Sue Ellen