POSITION: Prevention Education Coordinator
Location: Belton, Texas
Duties: The Prevention Education Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct anti-victimization education and other related programs that promote child abuse/family violence prevention
- Provide instruction in classrooms, grades pre-K to 12 as well as provide adult education
- Participate in community outreach, including networking with schools and community
- Public Speaking
- Seek new referral sources for at-risk families and children
- Attend various meetings, presentations, events, activities as related to program.
- Maintain appropriate documentation including, but not limited to, assessments, weekly and monthly reports, budget report, volunteer files; etc.
- Assist in fund raising activities
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Demonstrate an attitude of willingness to communicate, strategize and work well with others in a team based setting.
- Seek professionally qualified consultant services for occurrences/needs outside of the family service plan
- Prevention Education Coordinator reports to the Executive Director
Minimum Requirements: Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or other human services field and one year of experience working with at-risk youth and families. The Prevention Education Coordinator must perform duties in a responsible and ethical manner. The Prevention Education Coordinator must be able to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Consideration: If you would like to be considered as a candidate for this position please e-mail an application, resume, and brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.